αiM Group’s competitive advantage in the market is quite simply down to our team of dedicated professionals with comprehensive industry knowledge and proficiency. The αiM team comprises of:
Samuel Choi Partner, Business Development and Operations
- Samuel leads αiM group on management, business development, service performance and quality across all business functions. Concurrently, he is the Head of Financial Services of Crowe (HK) CPA Limited
- Prior to co-founding aiM in 2017, Samuel was the Chief Executive Officer since 2009 and co-founded Elmore Capital Limited (ECL) which managed a multi-asset class quantitative hedge fund. He then transformed ECL to Wolver Hill Asset Management Asia Limited (WHAMAL) in 2014 as a fund platform supporting fund managers with an aggregated Assets-Under-Management (AUM) of over USD1.2 billion by 2017.
- Prior to co-founding ECL, Samuel was the Chief Administrative Officer (Asia ex. Japan) of J. P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) overseeing the regional Risk Management, Finance and Tax business functions. He was also the board director of China Investment Fund Management Limited, a Shanghai joint-venture where JPMAM is the foreign joint-venture parter.
- He retired from Deloitte Hong Kong audit partnership when he was the audit leader of investment management before joining JPMAM.
- Samuel started his financial services specialization since his joining of Price Waterhouse Coopers (formerly known as Price Waterhouse) in 1991 as an auditor.
- Samuel is a Certified Public Accountant (Practising) and holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honorary) in Accountancy, Hong Kong Polytechnic.
WILKIE LAI CHIEF LEGAL AND RISK OFFICER
- Wilkie has been in the Banking and Asset Management industry for around 20 years, spanning across various areas like risk management, operations, technology, client development, legal, and compliance.
- He was Head of Compliance for Dragon Capital Group, a US$1.5 billion+ AUM regional fund.
- Prior to that he was Chief Risk Officer and Managing Director at TriBridge Investment Partners, a pan-Asian US$350 million+ credit hedge fund.
- Wilkie also headed up risk management functions for a number of financial institutions including Bank of China (Hong Kong) as well as Banca Intesa S.p.A.
- Wilkie had previously held key roles at Thomson Reuters’s and Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).
- Wilkie is a lawyer and a member of the Law Society of New South Wales Australia. He read law at Chinese University of Hong Kong and Australia National He further received a M.Sc. degree in Information System Management from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and a B.A. degree in Computer Science from the University of California.
CHRIS NI PARTNER, INVESTMENTS OPERATIONS
- Chris has over 27 years of experience in the investment management industry.
- Chris’ career began in Taiwan as an analyst with the International Investment Trust Co. and held top fund management positions at FAT Management Corp., ING/Aetna Life Insurance Co. (Taiwan), and Shin Kong Life Insurance Co. where Chris managed a USD 40 billion investment portfolio and assisted in the launch of the First Taiwan Hybrid Structure Bond which won two best deal awards in 2005 and “Best Financial Institution of the year” in 2006.
- Chris then joined Elmore Capital Limited (ECL) as the board director and portfolio manager. In this role, Chris managed hedge funds while supervising the investment team. Chris is concurrently the partner and portfolio manager of Real Talent Investment Co. He manages private money with focus on Venture Capital and built up an internal algorithm trading process for Futures Market.
- Most recently Chris was an Executive Director and Responsible Officer of Profit Access Investments Limited, a Type 4 and Type 9 Licensed Asset Management Corporation in Hong Kong.
- Chris holds a BBA degree from the National Chung Hsing University and an MBA from Iowa State University. Chris has further served as a consultant to the Taiwan Government Pension Fund as well as lecturer at the National Taipei College of Business.
Kevin Chan Partner, INVESTMENTS
- Kevin started his career as a research analyst at Goldman Sachs Asset Management New York. Kevin has managed quantitative hedge funds, mutual funds and institutions’ managed accounts.
- Kevin then joined SPARX Asset Management in Tokyo as a consultant and quantitative analyst. Kevin analyzed and recommended hedge funds and implemented quantitative tools to analyze hedge fund risk and performance.
- Kevin then founded Cornucopia Capital Partners Limited in Hong Kong. In this capacity he co-managed a multi-strategy quantitative fund and a China long short fund. Kevin has also researched and developed quantitative trading strategies.
- Kevin holds dual Bachelor of Sciences in Economics and Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania as well as a Ph.D. in Financial Economics from MIT. Kevin has taught courses in hedge funds and derivative securities as a lecturer and assistant professor at the HKUST.
FELIX Chan Associate, Operations and Finance
- Felix started his career as an auditor at CCIF CPA Limited in Hong Kong. From there he moved into corporate consultancy for Alliance Financial Intelligence Limited and participated in Pre-IPO projects for clients based in the PRC.
- He was then appointed Corporate Controller of CT Electronics Group
- Felix moved onto managing the project division of a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and started his own education business with partners in Shenzhen, China.
- Subsequently he took up the position of Associate Manager at the HKMA. Since then Felix has worked at Grandtop International Capital Limited specializing in Internal Control for listed companies.
- Felix holds a double degree in Law and Business Administration from the University of Hong Kong.